East Dean and Friston
The Conservative Association
East Dean, Friston and West Dean
(Part of Lewes Constituency)
Conservative Councillor JOHN WILTON 01323 423773
Update on Vaccine Roll Out In East Sussex
I wanted to update you on the local roll out of COVID vaccines in the local area as I appreciate many are anxious to find out when they will get theirs.
I met with local NHS vaccine team yesterday and the latest information is;
In East Sussex
* over 70,000 people have been vaccinated now locally.
* all over 80’s will be vaccinated within the next two weeks
* all vulnerable residents with health conditions and those over 70 will be vaccinated by 15th Feb
* Front line NHS and care staff are being vaccinated now
* mobile vaccination teams are visiting all care homes and housebound patients
* Most GPs are not organising the appointments so please don’t contact them. When it comes to your turn you will be called by the vaccination hub and asked to come for your appointment.
* You are usually called one to two days before your appointment
* As the Pfizer vaccine was so difficult to give vaccination centres had to meet specific requirements and could only be given in the larger vaccination centres in places like Lewes, Brighton, Uckfield, Eastbourne and Hailsham. With the Oxford vaccine now live, smaller and more local centres are opening with some extra centres opening this week.
* All parts of the constituency are being called forward for vaccination and East Sussex is one of the leading vaccination areas in the South East as the data will be published later today which shows we are outperforming areas like Surrey and Kent.
If you haven’t been contacted by the dates above and you are in those groups please contact me at email@example.com
with all good wishes
Maria Caulfield MP
Member of Parliament for Lewes