1. Name. The name of the Association shall be the East Dean and Friston Residents' Association.
2. Objects. a) To encourage and seek to maintain a high standard of development and planning within the parish of East Dean and Friston.
b) To stimulate public interest in the preservation of the amenities and character of the District.
c) To further the welfare of the Residents in any way practicable.
3. Membership. Membership shall be open to all residents of East Dean and Friston. The Annual Membership Fee shall be determined by the Committee and shall be due immediately after the Annual General Meeting.
4. Officers. The Officers of the Association shall be: a) Chairman b) Honorary Secretary c) Honorary Treasurer all of whom shall relinquish office every year and shall be eligible for re-
5. Committee. The Executive Committee responsible for running the affairs of the Association shall consist of the officers and not less than three or more than six other members who shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. The Committee shall have power to co-
6. Elections. Nominations for the election of Officers and members of the Committee should be received by the Chairman or Secretary of the Association not later than the time fixed for the commencement of the Annual General Meeting. The Chairman of the Meeting may, at his discretion, accept a late nomination. Nominations should be in writing, supported by a seconder and the nominee’s consent must have been given. If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies a ballot shall take place. The election of Officers shall be completed prior to the election of Committee members.
7. General Meetings.
b) The Committee may call a Special General Meeting at any time and the Honorary Secretary shall call such a meeting on receipt of a requisition signed by not less than twenty members, stating the reason or reasons for calling the meeting, which shall be called so as to take place within twenty-
c) Notices convening a General Meeting shall state the reason or reasons for calling the meeting and, if there is a proposal to amend the Rules, shall set out in detail the proposed amendment or amendments.
d) Not less than ten days notice of any General Meeting shall be given to all members entitled to be present.
e) At any General Meeting twenty members shall constitute a quorum.
8. Finance. The financial year shall end on 31st March. All funds coming from the activities of the Association shall be the property of the Association. An account in the name of the Association shall be opened at a Bank to be decided upon by the Committee. The Association signatures shall consist of two of the following: the Chairman, the Honorary Treasurer, and the Honorary Secretary. There shall be a suitably qualified person to review the Association’s accounts on an annual basis (Honorary Reviewer) and report accordingly but this does not constitute an audit.
9. Liability. The Association cannot accept responsibility for any commitments of an individual member.
10. Rules. These Rules may be amended only by the Association in General Meeting convened in accordance with Rule 7 (c) and by a majority of one third of those present and voting.
Paul Bob Salmon 423382